Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Everything that GLITTERS is not gold!





Nope, everything that glitters is not gold. But it still can be priceless!

We got a call from our friends this morning letting us know they had another set of twins born and wondered if we would like another heifer. I talked to Jerry and we asked Mollie if she wanted another bottle baby. Her answer was an immediate "YES!" Now I would in no way consider a third bottle baby if it were not for the fact that Mollie has done an incredible job of taking care of the other two. I wake her up in the morning to feed and there has never been a complaint. She cheerfully goes twice (and for the last week and a half three times a day) to feed her calves. I am amazed at how responsible this 5 year old is. She has been doing this for 6 weeks now come rain, shine or cold. I am VERY proud of her commitment and dedication to the task at hand. No, everything that glitters is not gold, it may be a calf instead. However, Mollie's dedication sure does shine and the lesson in responsibility she's learning is priceless.

By the way, the new calf is named Glitter...now Sparkles will have someone to grow up with. Glitter had an uneventful ride home in the back seat of my truck and Mollie loved getting to ride next to her. Baby is home and doing well.

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Wow, she in an amazing girl! Go Mollie! What memories you are making!

Unknown said...

Mollie is an amazing girl!!!!! I am in awe of how responsible she is!!!! And I love the names!!!

Anonymous said...

What fun and girly names for the babies! It really is amazing how much they learn from what they see around them...and she is seeing a responsible Mom and Dad. Children do learn what they live!! Keep up the good work! Love ya.