Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Donks New Long Eared Friend

The past few weeks we have enjoyed watching a little doe in our pasture. Recently we noticed she's "grazing" with the donkeys. Now just about every time I go check on the donks she's right there with them. The other day she let me walk within 15 feet to take her picture. Only then did she turn to run but did it at a casual pace. However, last week it was even more amazing. I found her in the barn lot behind the barn grazing with Red the jack. I got Jerry and the camera and she actually walked toward us. She seems more intrigued by us than scared. Now, because we see her spending so much time with the donkeys, we are wondering if she's an orphan. I've never seen a deer run with donkeys before but with those big ears she does fit in quite well!



No comments: