Thursday, October 14, 2010

Princess Plates And Napkins



A few days before Mollie's birthday I suggested instead of getting presents from the kids at her party that if they wanted to make a donation to our food pantry that she could present the donation to them. I have to admit she wasn't overly thrilled with the idea at first. I told her to hear me out. She would still get something from us and grandparents but she didn't need anymore toys and the parents didn't need to feel obligated to buy a gift. She cheerfully said "o.k. mom". She got several donations at her party and last week I pulled her out of school to take them to the food pantry. Note the princess plates and napkins in the picture. I had a sack of extra's to return after the party when she came to me and said, "Mom, I want to give the princess plates and napkins to the food pantry because there are kids in our town with no plates and napkins" So cute! Maybe she's heard me say too many times that there are kids in our town with not enough food to eat! Maybe one of them will enjoy a party complete with princess plates and napkins!

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Wow, what a great idea and lesson for her! Love her heart!