Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Countdown is on!

This will be a busy week. We are having a party for Mollie's 4th birthday, this Sat. Since my child is all about fairs (especially the State Fair), we are having a fair for her. When I first thought of the idea, I wanted to have it in the barn, then if it rains we are safe. However if anyone saw our barn you would understand what an enormous undertaking it would be to get it ready in 2 weeks. There is so much stuff in the way it isn't even funny. Especially since we got too busy this year to do our annual March barn cleaning. When I approached Jerry about the barn he said that was fine but I'd have to clean it up myself (great, 90% of the junk is his), because he wouldn't have time but next thing I knew he carved out 6 hours (isn't that pathetic, he put in hours just to start, not to mention the time I put in myself) and made quite a dent. WE HAVE TOO MUCH JUNK!! All the crates of stuff for a garage sale that I never get around to doing, Mollie's numerous vehicles (how many John Deere's does a girl need?) not to mention Jerry's tools that have never been organized and designated a true home even after moving in that building 5 years ago! Anyway, call me He-Woman but I got it cleaned up and so you don't have to look at all our stuff we partitioned off a big area with red and white tablecloths hung to make the "sides" look like a carnival tent. I am pleased, I really didn't want to party goers to know the real me (a little on the unorganized side). I think it will look great when we get the tables set up, the centerpieces (I'm just using our MOPS decorations from this year (carnival theme) and whole bunch of balloons. Mollie will be in heaven. Her main B-day gift is the moonwalk that we rented, we are keeping it a surprise. I went to the $ store and got a lot of "fabulous" prizes for the games the kids will play and we are going to serve wholesome fair food! Hot dogs, corn dogs, hamburgers, circus peanuts, funnel cakes, carmel corn, ect. We will surely get our fill. I've been so busy working on that and getting our place presentable I haven't even gone into my yearly "my daughter is another year older already" depression. Time really flies. I wish I could just let all the stuff that needs to be done not get done and "just be" with my kid. This is a constant stuggle. I'm always feeling pulled in so many directions, so many things vying for my time. Sometimes I look at her and am so amazed that she's even mine. Even after 4 years it's hard to believe that I was blessed (and cursed at times!!) with such a delightful, extremely outgoing, smart, assertative child. Every where we go people are tickled with her and the things she says. Sometimes I'm so busy I can't see what other people see. Well, maybe the "my daughter is turning 4" depression is setting in!!! Anyway, the party is sure to be a success, between corn dogs and a moonwalk, how can it go wrong?!

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I wish we could just come on over.
Travis

Spear Family said...

So good to see you have joined the blogging world. Can't wait to catch up. It has been along time! Anissa