Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One More Mouth to Feed



Yesterday we noticed a dog out in the field. We don't really get stray dogs here so this was exciting...at least to Mollie. The dog, obviously a pup, was very friendly and Mollie kept saying, "Mom, I don't think anyone is taking care of him, we need to feed him". So we did (what was I thinking?) He scarfed it down and Mollie spent the rest of the day "taking care" of him. She came in the house to get a blanket because "he's cold" and I found that he had jumped on the porch swing with her. Two hours later after not hearing a word out of her (which we all know is unusual!)I found her (and him) asleep on the swing. And then later he was asleep in a cardboard box in the barn. I'm going to put an ad in the paper to see if anyone is missing him but I have a feeling he's going to stay. We need another dog like we need another donkey but I can't bring myself to haul him to the pound. Sometimes I wish I could just say no! I was just informed by my daughter that "he's going to have to live with us forever" I said "why?" to which she replied, "because he's a good dog". Hey, what's one more mouth to feed?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it. LOL. We are going to have to change the name from Full Circle Farm to Full Circle Menagerie. That is a very cute puppy, and I think your words are prophetic. He's there to stay... :)