I was taking pictures of him Saturday and went to pat his butt and pick up his tail and check for burrs. I was just starting to drool with envy over his long locks when I noticed something was amiss. My first thought was that his tail was tucked between his legs when much to my horror I discovered IT WAS GONE, ALL GONE! All that was left was a blond, shaggy stump. Just a hint of it's former glory. Oh, who could have done such a dastardly deed? He wouldn't give up the secret so I had to start investigating. I had put Butterscotch in with my precious, sweet (?) Mary and Martha just a couple of days before so it either had to be them or someone seeking revenge on my 5 year old daughter. I quickly decided there was no one that hated us enough to do something so cruel so it had to be Mary or Martha. It must have been building up for days and they finally cracked. I should have noticed that those black donkeys had a green cast to their coat. They gave into their jealousy and destroyed the very thing they envied the most... his tail. I new they must have felt it was unfair, them being girls with short, sparse, broomstick like tails and he being A BOY and endowed with such beautiful, thick, blond locks. He even has the long eyelashes to boot! It was probably enough to send any female over the edge. Needless to say, the culprits were banished to solitary confinement while Butterscotch is left to contiplate his new name and figure out how he is going to grow back his tail in less than 2 years! Good luck Stubby, it's going to be a long haul!

This is the before picture, as you can see anyone would be jealous of those long locks!
This is after... yes we have now changed his name to Stubby, there is no other way of describing the mutilation.

The culprits. Oh yes, they LOOK sweet and innocent!


1 comment:
Why do girls have to be so mean?????
Post a Comment