
Well the good thing that came out of the chicken house raid last night is that when I went out to see what the commotion was something black darted across the yard and went under my car. Then I heard it, a barely audible "mew" that was unmistakenly "Jr. Kitty". Jr. Kitty, our sweet female cat that we've had for 5 years had disappeared a couple of months ago, about the time to raccoons moved into the old barn. I thought they killed her but last week we saw a cat run across the road in front of us and disappear into the field. I jumped out a called her name thinking it was her. No one believed me but I knew it had to be her. She must have gotten scared with the raccoons in the barn and took off. She's obviously been "living off the land" as she's quite thin. I fed her and locked her in the building until this morning. I told Mollie this morning and with tears in her eyes she couldn't believe she was back. Welcome home Jr., we've missed you.
(note old pic of Mollie and friend playing with Jr., she's growing up fast!)


No comments:
Post a Comment