Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Highlights





We had a nice 4th of July. I canned my first picking of green beans (20 pints)and then went to my parents house. MawMaw disappeared outside with the kids so I went to investigate and found them all hitting (or attempting to) a badminton around. Aahh...the only sport I ever enjoyed or was remotely descent at! It had only been 20 years give or take a few since I had played but I couldn't resist joining in. Soon my sister, Marty, Jerry and my dad were out trying their hand as well. Honestly, we all were pretty much awful but we had fun. I'm sure anyone driving by thought it was strange to see all theses adults standing in a circle (we had no net) attempting to hit a badminton back and forth. We worked up quite a sweat and only had one injury (Marty bent back a toenail on a rock). This just may turn into a new yearly tradition! (Note: my sister won the award for "best form"!)

1 comment:

avonrepstacey said...

It's all about the poses!