Mollie's kitten, Diamond Light, formerly know as Gray, formerly know as Smokey, got into an altercation with a wild tomcat a couple of nights ago. She didn't really have any visible injuries to speak of but she definitely was not feeling good. We gave her a painkiller, antibiotics and kept giving her water with an eyedropper. This morning I thought she actually might pull out of it. But she didn't. When I told Mollie, it took a few minutes to sink in and then then crying began. She sat on the floor petting her and crying while my heart was crushed for her. However, this kid amazes me. Daddy told Mollie he would bury the cat after she went to bed. Mollie wouldn't have that. She had to be there. She carried her out and even placed her in the hole. I think she's going to grow up to be one tough cookie. She's sensitive to the animals but can handle the pain that goes along with having them. Maybe her mother could learn something from her.
Goodbye kitty, we will miss having to remove you from under the vehicle before backing out. We'll miss watching you chase grasshoppers and play with paper wrappers. We'll miss cradling you baby style on your back and they way you would always jump into the cat food container when we would go to fill your bowl. But most of all I'll miss watching Mollie put you into her "pack" on her scooter and ride around the barn singing from your perspective "goin' for a ride on my scooter and I don't even care". You were such a good kitty.


1 comment:
Wow, sounds like she handled it really well...so hard to watch our kids suffer. I know what you mean. She is a tough cookie! Sorry kitty.
Post a Comment