Jerry had some time off this week so he decided to go ahead and tear out the existing cabinets. Our previous plan was to install the other 3 sides of the room, run the plumbing to hook up the new sink then disconnect the old sink and tear out the old cabinets. They will now be installing ALL the cabinets next week, which is great but being without cabinets is grating on my nerves. The sink goes today which means I'll be without a kitchen sink for probbly 2-3 weeks. Hello bathtub and paper plates! The problem with taking the cabinets out early is that everything in those cabinets had to go somewhere and that somewhere is in my dining room and living room. Now the mess is overtaking basically the entire ground floor of our home. Mollie asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich yesterday and I couldn't find the peanut butter amongst the many boxes! Need the frying pan? Hhhhmmmm... which floor would that be stored on? Silverware is on the living room chair! This is kind of like moving but with out the truck! I know my house doesn't normally reflect it but I do like things in order and get real crabby if it's a mess. Guess what? I'M CRABBY! I know in the scope of life this doesn't amount to a hill of beans but being that I'm convinced that I'm ADD (and so is my family) a cluttered house clutters my already cluttered brain! I'm ready for order, for clean, for neat and tidy. Until then I just may be residing in the loony bin!


Temporary Storage System:

2 comments:
I guess putting in a real wood floor wasn't TOO bad. All the furniture on the first floor was in the garage or being moved as space was needed. Yes, we had cabinets but finding the peanut butter was an adventure too. Now that the cabinets are out means the new ones will go in faster. If need be, you 3 can join the O'Fallon loony bin anytime.
Herb and Linda
Oooh, I feel your pain completely! We packed up half the house a few weeks ago in anticipation of moving and I keep going out and hunting through boxes for shampoo, lotion, hair spray, fishing gear, etc, etc! I didn't pack any of the kitchen stuff though and I have been SO thankful for that MANY times! You are so hilarious!
Post a Comment