Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baby Donkey No. 1

We got our first baby donkey of the year. So far so good, just as extra insurance I gave it an e-coli antibody. SHE (yes, she!!) is doing good at 2 days and was following me around the lot this morning so I think all is well. She is a tiny, 19 1/2" tall, dark nose, gray. Her name is Sipsey (because I watched Fried Green Tomatoes the night before..."the secret's in the sauce!"... and it was fresh in my mind!) Sipsey and mother, Brighty, are doing fine and I'm hoping for a healthy crop of babies this year.



(silly girl, walking under mom)

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Alayna saw all your pictures of Molly with all her "pets" tonight and declared she wanted to come live there! I think she turned 3 shades of GREEN! What a little girl's DREAM, fishing, raising cows, kittens, chickens, geese, ducks, donkeys, and her own boat...green Alayna, GREEN! What fun to watch!