A few weeks ago our guinea disappeared. I thought something got her but a few days later we heard her and found her hiding in a flower bed sitting on a nest of eggs. Mollie was so excited to have guinea babies and so was I until Jerry asked how we were going to have guinea babies with no guinea dad! Duh, Steph! I wasn't exactly thinking! However, Miss Guinea had other plans! A couple of days after our conversation out she came, a proud momma with newborn chick in tow! She has no idea this baby isn't a guinea and if she does she doesn't seem to care. She seems to be thrilled to finally be a mom. She proudly herds "her" baby around the yard, defending her from all evils. She has nastily chased off the dogs, Mollie and I. I think the only way we'll ever know who her "birth" parents are is to do DNA! Until then the "adopted" mom is doing a fine job!
No comments:
Post a Comment