Yay!! It only took 3 seasons in the beginner class but Mollie finally "graduated" to the intermediate class. You see, it's really hard to move up when you aren't willing to get your face wet! She even hates getting her hair washed in the bathtub! However, on day one of lessons, she asked me why the teacher didn't teach her anything new. I told her she couldn't until she put her whole face in the water. She also wondered why all her friends weren't in her class anymore. I told her that they had all graduated to the next class. After that she started to get more daring and each day would try harder. Finally she was putting her face in the water while kicking and using the kick board. On the last day she was even floating on her back! Each day she would ask if she would graduate when finally, on the last day, her teacher said "congratulations, Mollie, you graduated". She was so proud and so were we that she finally stepped out of her comfort zone!
Notice dripping water on the face!

2 comments:
WOO HOO! Congrats Mollie! Love following what you all are up to!
Have to admit I thought you were talking about a guinea pig in the next post and thought it was sitting on some eggs...hello, mammal. When I got to the picture, I realized it was a hen. Thank goodness this city girl had a picture to look at!
We will have to coordinate swimming lessons next year. Sarah is finally in intermediate also! Yay! Then they will each have a friend to swim with!
Post a Comment