This morning we awoke to the din of five thousand Snow Geese. It is truly amazing to watch these birds in their swirling sea of flight. They light on the pond for overnight refuge and appear, at first glance, to be a solid sheet of honking, flapping ice. I always look forward to these wonderous creatures, that God so creatively made, making their stop at our place each year. They only stay a few days and then continue on their thousand mile journey. Today was the first time I was able to capture them with my camera. They make a habit of not coming to the pond until near or after dark and then usually take out right at dawn. Today, however they must have been in a lazy mood and lingered a little longer. I got a few pictures from the front porch and then ventured down to the fence row hoping to get on the dam to get them from a different angle. However, they were VERY spooking and once I got to the fence ALL took flight in an instant. It was amazing to hear the rush of wind through 10,000 wings as they rose and swirled higher and higher into the morning sky. All we have to do is look at nature and know that we serve a wonderful, creative God. If we will just stop and be still, God wants to bless with us with his Creation.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


1 comment:
Beautiful! We miss that about the country life! I think you have to try REALLY hard not to find God's fingerprints ALL over everything!
Post a Comment