Saturday, February 28, 2009

IT IS FINISHED!




Now I must be desperate for something to blog about when I tell you about my staircase. However, this really IS MONUMENTAL!! You see, last Saturday I finished painting the staircase walls. Sounds like no big deal but as some of you may know I started this in August of 2001! My mom and I painted what we could paint and what I couldn't reach I didn't paint. It had never been finished being cut in at the ceiling at the point the furthest off the floor. Mind you from bottom floor to ceiling is about 19 feet and I have a thing about standing on a 6 foot ladder on the landing looking down the staircase. Therefore it has stared at me, called my name and pleaded with me for 7 years, 5 months, 3 days, 9 hours and 12 minutes (I'm just guessing)to be finished. I conquered! I found an edger that you can put on an extension that swivels which motivated me to finally finish the job. However the edger was too wide to fit above the rosettes so I drug out the biggest ladder I could drag in myself, gulped, said a prayer (or two), handed Mollie my camera to get a picture of my dare devil act and FINISHED THE PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This wasn't as easy as it sounds because the paint didn't match and I had to repaint the entire staircase. It's going to have to stay this color until we move to the nursing home because I don't want to do it again!

3 comments:

avonrepstacey said...

You have paint and I have wallpaper... what an amazing month it has been!!!!

Prachar family said...

Good thing you picked such a beautiful color since you are going to have to look at it forever! Way to go! Your year has been made! No, your decade!!

Seventh Graders said...

I am so excited to see it next week! I can't wait! I know how hard that has been for you. I would have loved to have worked on it with you, but now I will just enjoy the finished product with you! And I'd leave that color until you are ready for the nursing home anyway... :)