Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School





(I'm just getting around to posting this even though it was written 2 weeks ago!)

Today was Mollie's first day of preschool. This would be the THIRD first day of preschool that we've had. This one took me by surprise. So did the last one and the one before that. I'm the type of mom that doesn't have ANY problem being away from my child. I've even been on several trips without her but for some reason dropping her off at school for a mere 4 hours today was way tougher. I was actually very excited about my 4 hours of freedom today and was totally taken by surprise when I had to step out of the preschool room to get myself together. Usually I make it to the car before the tears start, but not today. I guess it's because this is just another little chapter in her short life and the last chapter of her preschool years. Time is passing so quickly and even though I'm excited to watch her grow up a small part of me is sad that the little girl is slipping away. I'm going to miss her.

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
Trace Adkins

No comments: