Our neighbor asked if we wanted a bottle calf for Mollie to raise. We talked it over with her, explaining that he would be totally her responsibility. She would have to feed him twice a day (three times a day right now) for the next 3 months. This meant getting up before school and even when the weather turns cold. She was very excited and he arrived yesterday. The glitch is he is blind and has scours. The scours are improving but the blind part is here to stay. He is, however, getting around his pen very well and bumping into things less and less all the time. He is a twin and the smaller one at that and developed pink eye which has left him blind. If this doesn't teach her responsibility I don't know what will!


2 comments:
So sweet! I was always a sucker for the runt and underdog!! Go Mollie!
Your family has some of the biggest hearts I know. I love looking at your pics of your new animals. Not only are you teaching Mollie about responsiblity but you are also giving her another valuable life lesson--to look past imperfections. Way to go!!
Amy Neer
Post a Comment