The snow came down hard and fast Christmas Eve with wildly blowing winds that the newscasters called blizzard conditions. I don't think I ever seen a blizzard and if this wasn't one it was pretty darn close. We awoke Christmas morning to lots of snow and heavy drifting. Jerry set out in the tractor and I was in disbelief when he returned and reported that it was drifted as high as the hood and as long as a football field on our road. We couldn't get out. We waited for the snow plow, it never arrived. We had to cancel going to my parents. Now this doesn't sound like that big of a deal but this was the first time in 38 years I hadn't spent Christmas with my family. It was weird...very weird. We spent a lot of the day, blading the drive and digging the animals out and then I threw together a make-shift "Christmas" dinner. We did play the "Farmopoly" game that Mollie got for Christmas. I'd have to say she was pretty patient as she had to wait 3 hours to open presents that morning because we were dealing with the snow. One nice thing about the day was that I never had to get dressed! Needless to say it was a very different Christmas!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment