








Hope your Christmas was as lovely as ours. This was the first year Mollie was really excited about Christmas. We had friends over Christmas Eve after church and Mollie didn't get to bed until 11:00. Jerry and I went to bed at 1:00 (what were we thinking?) and I was awake at 6:00. I had my camera ready to capture Mollie's excitement coming down the stairs, however, when she woke at 7:30, she ran down the steps so fast she is a blur on one side of the picture. She was very excited to see that Santa only left crumbs from the cookies we set out and drank all his milk. We had a nice time opening gifts and I was so pleased with my daughter that posed nicely for tons of pictures before opening each gift.
The animals got treated for Christmas with extra grain and hay or treats. Luckily when I fed I noticed our electric fence was down or we would have had 21 donkeys running around the yard while we were gone. Later I asked Jerry to load the gifts in the car, which I guess to a man means load the car and start it. Shortly thereafter he came in and said the car was running. I had rollers in my hair and hadn't made up a goodie tray yet. I obviously (or at least to me it was) wasn't ready to walk out the door. In the rush to get out the door, I forgot the mashed potatoes and "green stuff", which I realized 25 miles away. Oh well, in spite of no potatoes for dinner we had a great day.
We hope you had Merry Christmas and have a healthy, happy New Year, Love, Jerry, Stephanie, Mollie, Tinkerbell, Bug, Yellow Dog, Mittens, Jr. Kitty, the donkeys, the horses, the ducks, the chickens, the one and only guinea, and the fish.


3 comments:
Despite David not being able to make it in person, it WAS (yet another)an AWESOME Christmas! Well behaved kids, potty talk at the dinner table, too much food (sure could have used some taties!), and great family. Thank you so much for everything. We are BLESSED!
Sounds like great fun! So glad you shared it! We didn't have potatoes either!
I think it sounds like a great day. Ours was good, too. We ate outside on the lanai and had a ceiling fan on! Now that's my kind of Christmas!!
Post a Comment