
I couldn't help but post another picture of Mollie, again done by Third Floor Studio. We took Mollie to see Santa the other night and the Winter Wonderland put on by Parent's As Teachers. It was a monumental moment...it was the first time she would sit on Santa's lap. Last year she was content to stand next to him, the year before that we didn't bother because the year before that (she was 13 months) she screamed bloody murder with little arms outstretched for her Daddy. Yes, the last time we got a good shot of her on his lap she was 2 months old. It's funny that she has had to take so long to warm up to him. My kid doesn't know a stranger and will talk to anyone that will even halfway listen. However, she's always had an issue with anyone in costume. Chuck E. Cheese, the animals freak her out (but now that I think about it they do me too!), when they walk in the room she always says, "I don't want to talk to them". So, Mollie, you've come a long way baby, far enough to even ask Santa for the "skating horse", a $300.00 (of course!) stuffed horse that rolls, or bounces or something (not nearly enough in my opinion for the steep price tag, for that kind of money you can get a real one and "hay" (no pun intended) what's one more mouth to feed plus it comes the responsibility of shoveling manure, now you can't get that from a "skating horse"!). Santa and I had a long talk and I think he's decided to bring one of the other items on her list, you know one more in his budget, like animal crackers (yes, that was actually on her list, a least she had items priced from one extreme to the other), yes, I'm sure he'll bring animal crackers, what every 4 year old wants for Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment