Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Gillig's






The Gilligs are faithful readers of my boring blog and my blog wouldn't be complete without "blogging" about their visit. The whole family came out to our place for dinner and ended up spending half the time messing with the horses and watching us ride. This was the first time we got to meet Kinsley. She is already 14 months old and what a delightful baby! Dakota is growing fast and looks as though he has left toddlerhood behind him. Gone are the baby fat cheeks and a young boy is emerging quickly. Mollie and Dakota played well together and he seemed to put up with her bossing (I like to call it assertiveness) and even suffered through a "My Little Pony" movie, during which Mollie handed him a pink pony to hold while watching the show. I don't think I've ever met a finer family. These people's willingness to help and giving spirit both amaze and humble me. Dana suffers though countless phone calls throughout the year, usually by a blubbering me, asking for help with the latest animal catastrophe. Ron and Jean are always helping us with our cows and taking their precious time. Jarrod and Jami, who we almost never see, willingly take their family time while visiting to help us with horses. You all are an inspiration and a lesson in giving. We Love You!

1 comment:

avonrepstacey said...

If my children grow up to be Gillig-like, I will consider us a success. They are a FABULOUS family and I am so thankful to have them in my life!