Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prince and the Pauper



Meet Prince. He is a HUGE Tennesse Walker. He arrived via the Gillig's Monday night. This will be Jerry's horse. He surprised me by saying he thought I was going to surprise him with Prince Christmas morning. What was he thinking!? I don't make a practice of bringing home huge animals (only small ones!) without running it by him first. Prince makes horse no. 4 (if you count Mollie's gelding (formerly stallion, he got the ax yesterday!)). Before, we were donkey poor, now we are officially horse paupers! We are insane for taking on 4 (no, actually 3 1/2) horses in December. However, we love them already, and my motto always is, "Hey, what's one more mouth to feed!" (or 4, 3 of which weigh a lot!) Jerry, who hasn't been on a horse for over 20 years, fearlessly (I'm jealous of that) jumped on Prince and rode him all around. Jarrod helped me saddle Missy and the two horses got aquainted while Jerry and I rode down the farm road. This was the first time I had rode Missy not in a round pen. I was very proud of myself. I think we are hooked, poor but hooked. If STG, the local feed store liked us before, they are going to love us now! (the only problem is what "cowboy" rides his horse with tennis shoes on?)

No comments: