Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ice Cream in December?!!

From this:
To this:
No childhood is complete without at least one batch of snow ice cream. Mother nature provided us with that opportunity today. Mollie waited (not so patiently) until after lunch to make our special treat. However, her mother (who is never prepared) found no evaporated milk in the pantry. Me, being the substitute princess (my mom is the queen), improvised and used 1 cup of vanilla creamer instead. I have to admit, mighty tasty and Mollie thought so too!

Here is the recipe if anyone wants it (sorry for those of you living in that horrible state with 80 degree weather in December! I'm sure you would rather be here with all this snow and 15 degrees on the thermometer at 1:00 in the afternoon!)

Snow Ice Cream

1 Gallon Fresh Clean Snow (I would highly recommend the white kind, the yellow kind makes for an inferior product!)

1 Egg, beaten

3/4 C. Sugar

2 Tsp. Vanilla

1 C. Evaporated Milk

Combine egg and sugar, stir well with wire whisk. Add milk and vanilla. Place snow in a large bowl. Gradually add mixture to snow, gently stirring with wooden spoon until blended.


Stephanie's Snow Ice Cream In A Pinch

1 Gallon, Fresh, Clean Snow

1 C. French Vanilla liquid creamer

1 Egg, beaten

Stir egg and creamer together, place snow in a large bowl. Gradually add mixture to snow, gently stirring with wooden spoon until blended.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Love it!!! I am not letting my kids know that the year we move to that place with the 80 degree weather, we finally found an official snow ice cream recipe...or that there even is such a thing...I will NEVER live it down!!! BTW, its still much better in pictures than real life!!

Anonymous said...

I LOL when I read about your mom being the substitute queen...I think I was a part of her test kitchen more than once! Glad to hear the gene has been passed on.
love you!