Friday, December 12, 2008

Look Daddy, He's My Size!!


O.k., so yesterday we embarked on a 2 hour trip to go look at some ponies that my farrier has for sale. Mollie was pretty excited. When we pulled in the driveway, we could see 3 ponies saddled and tied to the hitching post. That's when Mollie yelled out "look Daddy, that one is my size!". I was laughing because I don't think I've ever seen a smaller horse in my life. This was not exactly what I had had in mind. Of the three, it was the one Mollie kept wanting to ride, which she did several times. She also rode the 2 other ponies which were much bigger but she liked the little guy. For 2 hours we stood there, while I kept trying to steer her toward the bigger horses to no avail. When asked which was her favorite everytime she responded the same. I told Jerry this horse will probably last her maybe 4 years at the very, very most and he said that's the one she wants and it's her size. When the time comes she can move up to a bigger one. So here is Mollie's new stallion soon to be gelding. He's getting cut soon and then coming home. Mollie has appropriately named him Butterschotch (formerly Buck). We had a talk with her and she understands that this horse (he's a mini horse not a pony) is her responsibility so she's going to have to don the Carhartt's everyday and feed him and take care of him, not me. On the way home, Daddy asked her what she would do with a horse. My 4 year old responded..."feed him, water him, ride him and love him" That about sums it up! Look out responsibility, here she comes.

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Her precious face is so HAPPY!! What a sweetie! I am NOT telling Alayna what Mollie is getting! Can't wait to see the pictures of the feeding, watering, petting, and loving!

Spear Family said...

How adorable, he has his eyes closed. Looks like a real wild one!! Animals are a great idea for kids. Enjoy all the fun ahead. Anissa

Anonymous said...

Just what every kid wants for Christmas!! Can't wait to hear the stories that will result!
love you!