Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Indians are Coming!!!! The Indians are Coming!!!



From what I've heard, every child in the United States, age 3 through 6 has dressed up in the traditional Indian costume this week. You know the grocery bag vest, (isn't that what the Indians made theirs out of?!) and of course the feather headress made out of construction paper or foam. Well, Mollie was no exception. I went to see her class don their Indian apparel and head down the street shaking their "rainsticks" (water bottle with beans in it). Aaww, it was just like being back in the Old West....I don't know did the Indians wear pink coats under their grocery bag vests? I don't remember seeing it in Dances with Wolves. Anyway, all 20 Indians looked as cute as can be. Now we must make the turkey out of their handprint! It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!
(Picture coming soon!)

2 comments:

Spear Family said...

How I miss the days of Pilgrims and Indians. Molly make a very cute Indian. Enjoy every moment,they grow up so fast! Anissa

Prachar family said...

Exactly what Alayna did too! Hysterical! What a cute Indian!