
I went to Columbia Saturday to watch Zack's band compete at MU. They sounded great but were very disappointed to not make finals. This is the first time in 33 years they haven't. Needless to say there were several teary-eyed seniors that day! However, they did rate first in musical performance and that was out of 31 bands! Nothing to sneeze at! After Zack's performance, Bethany and I went shopping to wait out the 5 hours before the awards ceremony and had a great time. After the ceremony we headed to our house and the kids got to stay with us until this morning when Jerry took them home. It was a downer when they left and Mollie actually cried, which is very unusual for her. While they were here I planned a photo shoot of the kids at the Confederate Park which is absolutely breathtaking right now. Sunday afternoon I had everything ready to go there at 5:00 forgetting about daylight savings and it really being 6:00! We raced there and of course the lighting was less than ideal but I took some shots anyway. I got only one that was worth salvaging. It's above. (By the way, notice Zack's shirt, what you probably don't see is that I made him wear it backwards because the front has so much writing on it, it looks like a novel! I asked him why he brought that shirt for pictures, he said because it was a great shirt, AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRR TEENAGERS!) We went back the next day but I had a hard time getting a good picture of the 3 goofballs. When one would smile good the other 2 were making dorky faces or looking the wrong way. Don't worry Leah, I'll never go into business! I can't believe you do this for a living! You must have more patience than me! Anyway, the kids had fun jumping in leaves, taking pictures and swinging on the swingset (can you believe that? 14, almost 12 and 4). They are really GREAT kids and we can't wait until they come again. I already miss them.


1 comment:
Great picture, the park is breathtaking! I can SO relate to your frustration in getting all of them to look at you and have a great smile. We usually settle for the one that has the most people looking and smiling! It usually makes me crazy! Sorry to hear about not making finals, that is sad for the seniors!
Travis
Post a Comment