Sunday, October 19, 2008

5 Things I Hate To Admit

Well, Travis tagged me and I've had to spend some time soul searching to narrow the things I hate to admit down to 5!

1) I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator! This leads to much stress and anguish in my life! This is why I don't like Christmas. I start my shopping a week before then can't enjoy the holiday because I'm frantically racing to get things done. I have these little conversations with myself well ahead of time when I see something a person on my list would like. The inner dialog goes something like this... "oh, Mom would like that", "I hate to spend the money right now", "I have plenty of time, I'll get it later" (and when I go to get it later it's gone, of course!). This is a trait I battle all the time. I hate pressure, I put it on myself but I always get the job done ,I just don't enjoy the process.

2) I'm a slob. I hate it. I want a clean house, strive for a clean house, I am constantly cleaning my house but if you saw the "Ugly Room" (the scrapbook, sewing, craft, junk, Christmas decorations that can't go in the barn loft and have to be in there because we don't have a basement room) you would completely understand. It' not Jerry flinging little bits of paper all over the stunningly beautiful yellow shag carpet from the 60's (another reason I call it the "Ugly Room"). It's not Mollie stacking scrapbook paper all over the place. They don't have photos spread all over the place. Get the picture?

3) I sneak to the barn without telling Mollie where Momma's going to get in a couple minutes of solitude. This is my only way to escape the incessant talking from the 4 year old that no longer takes naps, which was the only thing that kept her mother sane.

4) Yes, Travis I am also addicted to checking my mail and blog. I absolutely love comments! Maybe this is the reason I can't keep my house clean. Though I'd rather blame it on the 4 year old and and the mass about of lives I'm responsible for.

5) I don't tell the people I love that I love them often enough, sometimes never. I need to work on that. Quit procrastinating Steph!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

So freeing, is it not? I have the product to relieve your cleaning guilt! You're such a good sport!
Travis

Spear Family said...

Wow, I thought you were talking about me! So many things in common. Thanks for sharing your 5 things. Anissa

Spear Family said...

Here goes another Tag. Check out my latest blog, Tag your it! Anissa