Sunday, October 12, 2008

Proud Aunt and Back in Time







Friday we traveled to see our nephew, Zack perform in the field show at the half-time of his high school football game. He's a freshman and plays the saxaphone. They have a HUGE band and were absolutely awesome. They looked great, sounded great and just were great. I was so proud and he's not even my kid! (I even cried, just a little, yeah I know, no big shocker there!) I can't imagine how proud his mom would have been. It's just crazy that we were just doing the half-time shows just a short 20 years ago! It really took me back in time.
Then Saturday I went to a neighboring high school to see him again in an all day band invitational. I watched several bands for over 2 hours and thought they were by far the best of the ones I saw. Zack later called to say they took 2nd place which is great. We are very proud of Zack and his sister Bethany. They have been through so much and they are really great kids. We love them, just wished we lived closer.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Looks just like I remember it! That takes me back too!
Travis

Spear Family said...

Wow, he looks like Tammy! How fabulous you all could go and support him. MY email is anissalinne@yahoo.com, send me your email address and we can chat more about my camera. I'm addicted!
Anissa