Friday, October 3, 2008

New Dog and 3 baby donks born in one day!


Well it's been a busy day, first went down to the maternity ward to find that Nora had her baby. It was and all white jack, tiny, 20 inches! The weird thing is from halfway down its back to its rump and its shoulder cross is a peachy/pink color. He is out of my sorrel jack but I've never seen anything like it, if it stays that way it will definitely be a color I've never seen or read about. So I spent day 2 working the garage sale a friend and I were having at her house, then came home to feed and check the new baby. I was so busy looking at the new guy, I didn't even notice the even tinier gray jenny standing there! She was born sometime today and measures 19 1/2" is is out of Red and mother, Brighty. Then I look over and in the corner, Simmer is in labor. Crazy! Three in one day! All 3 out of Red. The new baby finally got stood after dark, a little bit on the slow side but standing. I hope all 3 will be fine, I can't handle anymore donkey catastrophes this week!

Also, we got a dog. A friend of mine had him show up at her house and she really wanted to keep him but her husband said not a second dog and her dog and this one play a lot and they are both big and they don't want her to get knocked down (she's 79). She asked if we wanted him. She put an ad in the paper looking for someone who may have lost him. He is neutered, looks well fed and was wearing a collar. No response yet so Jerry went and got him a couple of days ago and he is the best dog! We call him "Yellow". He is a yellow lab mix and big! (Aren't we creative with the name?). As long as he don't chase and kill the chickens he'll get to stay. I haven't turned the chickens out yet because I haven't been home all day to supervise. The first night Jerry let him onto the back porch and told him to stay. He put his front legs in the kitchen to peek around the door to watch us but never came in. Good dog! I love him already. He runs after Mollie but never mows her over. She loves him too.

3 comments:

Spear Family said...

It sounds like your farm is wonderful. What a great place to be raising a child. So glad we have connected after all this time. We need to get together some time and do lunch. Anissa

Prachar family said...

Sounds like a busy day. Hope all the newborns are faring well! Love the photo of Mollie in the bounce house. I still giggle when I think of your post about her birthday!

Linda said...

Never a dull day on the Full Circle Farm!!!
That little Finney is sure a cute little one! Almost looks like a stuffed animal that I just want to cuddle with!!

How are your mom and dad and sister doing? Hope they are doing well.

All of the pictures you posted are wonderful! Where are the pictures of Jerry?! LOL

Sounds like the birthday party was not fun for mom and dad. Don't you hate that? You do all this stuff for the little one to have a great time and then they don't seem to be pleased with anything that you did. Kids...good thing they are cute when they are asleep!
Ha Ha!!

You take care and I hope all of your baby donks do well from now on!

Love You Guys!

Linda D.