Well, the past few days have definitely been eventful, both good and bad. First the party: Mollie went to spend the night with her Aunt Tricia and Uncle Mike. She was so excited. They brought her to the party early which was great because it freed us up to get everything ready. HOWEVER... when she got here she wasn't AT ALL interested in the moonwalk we had rented. GO FIGURE!!! She wanted to go in the house and show Aunt Tricia her room and color, (I could have saved a lot of money and just bought a coloring book!). She had just woke up from a nap in their car and I think she had to warm up to it. Then after about an hour she wanted to go jump and had fun filling it with balloons. Then people started arriving, and more people, and more. Everyone we invited came, that never happens. We had a total of 19 kids. It was insanity. The more kids in the moonwalk the more crying my kid did. "They are popping the balloons, wah, wah". "He pushed me, boo hoo." "They are screaming too loud, wah, boo." Get the picture? Where was the delightful child I gave birth too, you know the one that loves to play with kids? The more kids jumping the worse she was. She was sent to the house twice to adjust her attitude. Then we did the little games where the kids won tickets to redeem for prizes. That went fine, no problems until we went to redeem tickets, tons of children, waving tickets in my face, "I want the puppy", "I want a snake". Can you say chaos! Everyone got their prizes and no one killed each other so I guess that was a success. Then we rushed to do the cake which was cupcakes that I was SUPPOSED to place several on a board and tape ribbons from to make like a bouquet of balloons, that didn't happen! NO TIME! Jerry stuck 4 candles in a cupcake and lit them before I knew what was happening. So much for THE picture of the kid blowing out the candles on the great cake! All was pretty calm while everyone was eating cupcakes and ice cream, maybe we should have brought it out earlier!!! Well, I'm a mean mom and because my daughter's behaviour was not up to snuff, I didn't let her open all the gifts. Why reward bad behaviour right? The good thing is there was so much going on she never even mentioned the gifts and by the way for a party that the invite said "No Gifts, the party is Mollie's gift", there sure were a lot of them!! Well, she ended up opening up a couple after most of the party goers had gone, because a couple of family members wanted to see her open them. By the way she had turned back into normal mode by this time. The more kids running around the worse she was, the less kids, the better. Moral of the story is: my kid is spoiled and don't do this again anytime soon!!
The funny thing is this post is the good part and the not so good afterwards, I'll post later.
The funny thing is this post is the good part and the not so good afterwards, I'll post later.


1 comment:
Wow, it sounded like so much fun (minus the attitude problems)!! I am sure the memory of that will fade and she and you will remember the fun of it! It sounds like your had work payed off. Wish I could have seen it...need pictures! You have me captive waiting for the not so good...
Travis
Post a Comment