Friday, October 17, 2008

Perspective

Yesterday I read Travis' post regarding National Day of Rememberance for pregnancy and infant loss. I was surprised and saddend for her. I then went on to visit the Bring the Rain blog,http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/10/october-15.html ( a blog about a baby named Audrey Caroline (eerily close to the name of my child, Mollie Caroline). As I read, the tears started to flow. How easy it is for me to take my precious child for granted. How quickly she could be snatched away. This was another wake up call from God, (he seems to send a lot my way!) "Get your act together, Steph!" How ironic that I be up with my burning hot, vomiting child last night. Perspective. See sometimes I get so exasperated, tired of correcting and just plain worn out mothering my strong-willed child that I can't see the precious gem we have. What a delight she can be. How blessed we are and there are times we don't even realize it. Maybe God is using other peoples losses to wake up people like myself. To put things in perspective. They tend to get into perspective when we hear of something happening to a child or when they are burning up with fever, vomiting all over the bathroom rug and still stop and say "Mom you're going to have a big mess to clean up". It makes all the "important" things, all the things that just "have" to get done, not quite so important. So thank you to those who have told their stories, they don't go unheard. For it is those tradegies that make better people of others.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Wow, thanks for your encouragement. It helps to know my pain was not wasted. Hope Molls is feeling better:)
Travis