
The seasons are changing. The grain bin is softly whirring in the distance. The combine is taking the corn that has been the backdrop of our farm for months now. All is quiet. No more sounds of locusts. The birds have quieted their chatter. Only the geese lighting on the pond for the night can be heard. Fall has always been my favorite season yet somewhat of a melancholy time for me. This year even more. Please pray for our family as we quickly approach the one year anniversary of Tammy's passing. All thoughts are on her. I ache for her children, her mother and her brother; my precious husband that earned more respect from me than he could ever imagine in the care and love he bestowed upon her. He is a man of few words but still waters run deep and this will be a difficult time for him. I cannot imagine the pain her mother and children have endured this past year. I have never lost a child. I have never lost a parent. Tammy, I miss you and when I stand before God someday, I will fully understand why you were taken from us much too soon. Now, I will dry these tears and glean from your courage, spirit and strength to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend.


2 comments:
It broke my heart to read this post. Tammy was such a great person. Everyone will be in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Loss of a young person is such a burden on the ones left behind. May God guide you all through this time of need.
Anissa
I can't believe its already coming up on a year. Where does the time go? My heart is breaking for Tammy's family. I pray they find peace and comfort that can only come from knowing Christ. I pray you can also be comfort to Jerry especially. I also thank God for bringing you through your anger and grief to the place you rest now.
Much love,
Travis
Post a Comment