
Yesterday, we went to my niece and nephew's (Meredith and Harrison)joint birthday party. It was held at the roller rink. Yes, the same roller rink I used to feel my oats at a mere 25 years ago. I think that is about the last time I was there. It was like stepping back in time, BECAUSE NOTHING THERE HAS CHANGED!! It was so funny! The disco ball doesn't even look like it has been dusted since then. The wood rink had been patched in several places (not very well I might add!) and I think it was the same brown shag carpet covering the skate check out table. I put my skates on and fell right on my back side the first 3 feet. I put Mollie's skates on but she did better crawling than skating. Jerry opted out, he said he couldn't afford to break anything because he has to work. However, I soon got the hang of it again and didn't do too bad. I even did a little tiny bit of skating backwards. But it wasn't until my old skating song, "Abracadabra" (Steve Miller Band), came on that I really got going! You see back in the day, I thought I was pretty hot stuff skating to that song. Anyone remember it? Stacey and Marty had burnt a CD of other great retro songs which included Journey, Def Leppard (yeah!!) and no skate party would be complete without "Thriller"( fog effect and all). All the kids had fun, my niece Amelia (age 5) fell at least 300 times but kept right on clopping away with her skates. It was a great time and I can't believe I'm not sore today! (Note all the falling children in the one picture and how about the look on my sister's face!)


3 comments:
That is a riot! Love the look on Stacy's face. I think those songs will always bring a blast from the past!
Travis
OH MY! It does look the same as I remember. Stacey's face is so funny. Thanks for the blast from the past.
Hey! In my defense, I am still a very good skater. Just one who makes stupid faces I guess!!!!
Post a Comment